Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Charlie Brown

It's been awhile since I posted anything and that's because life has been getting busier and busier. Last Saturday, we had Muffins with Santa at our church; I along with 3 other ladies was in charge of it, and let me say it was alot of work. The kids got to visit with Santa and get their picture taken. It was really a neat time. I didn't grow up knowing much about Santa, but when I saw my kids' faces light up when Santa walked it, it all seemed worth it.

Tonight we watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving. My kids have been talking about this for weeks. Mr T loves the part where Woodstock makes Snoopy's ear into toast, even going so far as to butter it. Miss A loves it when Snoopy is battling the chairs. That show is now my favorite Thanksgiving tradition. Mr T's laughter had all us laughing until we could not stop. It seems like we get so busy that we forget to be just totally silly and laugh. We don't laugh that laugh that you couldn't stop even if you tried. Like getting tickled in church or being overcome with pure giddyness. It was priceless. I had to video tape it. If I could, I would bottle up that giggle and share it with everyone I know.

It has been 70 plus degrees here for days. And I for one am not complaining. I love this weather. Here is why I mention the weather. Each and every day it is a STRUGGLE to get Mr T into a long sleeve shirt and long pants. I used to argue and argue and argue with him. Now, I take him out on the back porch with just his jammies on, and he normally gives in to wear long pants, a short sleeved shirt and a jacket. I am thankful for the warm afternoons and am dreading cold winter days when I have to threaten to tie my child up to get him to dress appropriately. Who knew he had such a stubborn streak? Here he is "fixing the swing set" wearing his short sleeve short...in the middle of November.





Miss A has had a ear infection so she hasn't had much patience for herself or anyone else for that matter. I am praying that all this works itself out very soon. I am looking forward to the holidays so we can spend more time together; we do better when she knows she isn't missing out on something because she is in school.

No comments: