Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Kids Creation


It may be hard to see what is in this picture but I promise you, it is about 300 wedding invitations from mine and my hubby's wedding 11 years ago. My kids found the box of them and had to make a village out of them. I had no idea 11 years ago that this was the fate of these extra invitations. I would have laughed had I known.

There's a story behind those invitations. We had a dear friend write out our wedding invitations for us. She has the most beautiful script, and the invitations were sure to be gorgeous. We got her copy to the printers and were told they couldn't use it. So, we just had them print them up with plain old computer script. Somehow during all the back and forth, the name of the church got left off the invitations. And like the spoiled young bride I was, I become completely unreasonable and just HAD to have them reprinted. It was suggested that I place an extra card in there with the church's name on it but that simply would not do. Hence the extra 300 invitations.

I have changed, thank you Jesus. And today I would have taken out a Sharpie (no, maybe a crayon) and added an addendum with an apology and the church's name. I might have even draw a cute smiley face too (without the nose.) :)

Here's the best part. See the big pile of paper in the center? That's a church. My kids built a church; not a house, not a store, not a school, but a church. I pray that God will always be the center of their lives. I pray that all day long. Something that once caused me so much frustration has turned into something beautiful. May my whole life be like those invitations.

No comments: