Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm Still Learning

God has really been working on me about a couple or a million things. One of those things is learning to be content with whatever circumstances are going on in my life. That means being content and happy with who I am even in no one else seems to notice that I've done something good or kind or exceptional or even ordinary. I want so badly to look good in other people's eyes that I will go to any lengths to receive praise. And then I am always disappointed because people don't notice at all or if they do, they don't notice enough. And then I began to wonder if I will ever do enough to be accepted or loved.

Then God steps in and says to me that He is the only one that matters. I ask the question of how do I stop seeking the approval of others. Through His word I am reminded that He has done so much for me. I should serve Him because He has done so much for me. When I serve Him, he is proud of me and pitches a party because I have honored him by my service to Him. And then I smile because I realize that's the key. If I do everything to serve and honor Him, then he is proud. And what could make me happier than knowing that the God of the Universe is proud of me and notices when I do things for him? I am realizing that I don't have to stop wanting to be recognized for the good things I've done. I just need to want to be recognized by Him. No one else will see or appreciate what I've done but God never misses it. And He is pleased. And that makes me happy and loved and accepted to know that I've done something for The One who has done so much for me.

"Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." John 21:25

No comments: