Thursday, March 26, 2009

Which Way Do I Go?

So much has been going on with me this past month, and alot of it I am still processing. But, I am beginning to see the cloud and fog lifting. I finally had that "good cry" and I am ready to move on. I am beginning to understand what has had me so down. When I found out that my job was ending, I told myself that this was the best thing that could happen to me because I got the chance to be whatever I wanted. I was getting a "do over", a "begin again". And after months of trying different avenues and seeing them end in dead ends or in frustration, I have begun to finally realized that I loved my engineering job. I love what I did, and I want to do that again. I don't need a new career; I just need to do what I'm good at and be content with that. I have tried several different jobs, and I have learned that some jobs are just plain hard. Lots of people work very hard and receive little compensation and little thanks for what they do. I have learned that you have to love what you do because the true reward is knowing that you've done a job well. I am still thankful for this time of transition and soul searching because it has made me realize that every person is important; every person has a story and most are dying to tell it. I am still praying that God will lead me where he wants me to be, and that I will willingly follow. I have no idea where I'll end up but I know it will be perfect because he is planning that for me. I'm trusting him.

No comments: