Monday, April 20, 2009

Stopping for a Moment

We've had a busy few weeks and I've been doing just enough to hopefully stay one day ahead of the game. There's been spring break, my hubby and my 12th anniversary, my daughter's 9th birthday, a spend-the-night party for that birthday, my hubby's grandmother's 92nd birthday party, planting a garden, and all the other stuff that just happens to keep life going. It's been a ride. Sunday afternoon, my hubby was out walking, the kids were playing together and I just sat in my comfy yellow chair and stopped. I didn't try to sleep, read a book, or plan anything. I just sat and the only thought in my mind was, "Be still and know that I am God." I get so busy that I begin to feel like I don't need God; I'm doing fine without him; I don't really have time for him. (Can you believe I am foolish enough to believe those lies?) So I get busier because I know something is lacking and before I know it, I'm fed up with everything and everyone. I never realized before this past weekend how important it is for me to BATTLE busyness. "Be still and know that I am God."

No comments: