Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Quick Update for the House that is in Transition

I am waiting for some of my work to download on my computer so I have a minute to write. My hubby and I have been "updating" our house. We replaced the tile on our kitchen cabinets. For a week, I didn't have a kitchen sink, oven, or dishwasher. It was hard trying to live in a house without a kitchen sink, but we made it. I'll try to post pictures soon. I have pictures that I took at different stages but don't have any of the finished project.

As soon as we finished the kitchen we moved to the rest of the house and began painting the interior walls. Last Christmas, my hubby finished out some attic space to give the kids a little playroom. After he finished painting it, he went to every room in the house and touched up with left over paint all the spots that need painting. Well, he didn't realize he was using glossy paint to touch up flat paint. So, we had shiny spots on almost every wall in the house. So...we are painting.

The crazy thing is we decided to have our hardwoods resanded and the people are coming next week. So, every non-essential piece of furniture is in the garage. And my house looks like a tornado has hit. It's a mess. I can't even describe how crazy it is around here. And to top it all off, I am back working again for a week or two so I'm busier than ever. So much for those slow, lazy times.

But when it's all done, we won't need to do anything to our house for a very long time. And it's going to look so good. I can't wait.

Pictures are coming soon.

No comments: