Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quick Update

I have lots to write and only a few minutes so I'll probably have to come back to this. I'm going to Bible study this morning, and I am really excited about it for some reason. I have started singing "This is the Day that the Lord Has Made" to my kids each morning. For some reason, that really seems to put everyone in the right mindset for the day. What a great way to start the day.

I wanted to update you all on school. I had both my kids' conferences yesterday, and they went great. Miss A's teacher said that she expected Miss A to grow up and be something great and very special. Mr T's teacher said that we had done a good job with him. Both those reports just really encouraged me. I struggled so much with this whole school thing, and I know I am doing the right thing by having them where they are. But it's nice to get encouragement every once in awhile too. I have learned to really rely on God during this time because He is the only one who can keep them safe. I spend alot of time on my knees praying for my kids, something I would not have been doing if I had gotten my own way. So, there are good things happening. I just want to remember next school year not to pitch such a fit when I don't get my way. I want to handle the whole situation alot better; I think it's time I grew up. :) You all are free to remind me of this next August. :)

I got a call from work saying that they couldn't send me any work for awhile, until things turned around. So, once again, I feel like I've been fired. When I was working so much, I remember thinking that I wish I had done some things on my "to do list". Now I'm going to do them. I am determined to use this little break to accomplish some things I've left undone, to have something to show for this time once it's over. I'm over feeling sorry for myself and I'm going to make this time count.

This weekend the boys are supposed to go camping, if it doesn't rain, and the girls are going...shopping. :) I've promised Miss A new curtains and she wants some with butterflies on them. So, we'll see what we can come up with. Yes, that means I will attempt to sew....or at least con my mom into sewing them for me. :) She'll do a better job anyways.

No comments: