Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blessed Memories

One of my oldest and dearest friend's grandmother passed away today. This sweet lady who passed away at the age of 92 is also my great aunt. You see, I have the honor of not only calling this dear family friends but also family. And right now my heart is hurting for what this family is going through. I know the days ahead when they would give anything for just a few minutes spent with their grandmother. I know the times when they will feel her up in heaven watching them. I know the joy they have from knowing that her joy is complete in heaven, praising Jesus and cheering on those left behind.

I remember the day my cousin and I found a pack of gum that was in a plastic, pink dip cup. My great aunt was appalled and promptly confiscated it. I remember getting to drive the old jalopy. I remember hiding in the market and being scared to death because it was really dark, I mean really dark. I remember playing dress up in her upstairs rooms that were full of treasures. I remember parties in the basement, and playing hide'n seek in the basement. I remember a home of love and a place where everyone was welcome, even this obnoxious little girl from Georgia, who really does not remember wrecking the jalopy.

I cannot wait to get to heaven and hug all my family I miss so much, some days more than others.

No comments: