Saturday, August 8, 2009

Our Dearly Beloved Pet Liz

My dear, sweet son caught a lizard today and named it "Liz." But, due to the fact that it was 100 degrees outside, it died in captivity. My son was beside himself, crying and sobbing. It was a pitiful sight until I came to the rescue. I offered to have my hubby bury the lizard, and I would say a prayer. That seemed to console my son until we got outside to bury it. It seems that while retrieving the dead Liz, my son dropped it and couldn't find it. We were all on our hands and knees outside looking for a dead lizard. And remember that it is still around 90 degrees outside. My husband thought some not so kind thoughts; I know because I could hear those silent thoughts. We finally decided to place a cross in the area where Liz was dropped and said a prayer for the little Liz. I can't wait until the kids go to bed tonight so my hubby can tell me all those thoughts he had, just in case I missed anything. :)

No comments: