Thursday, December 6, 2007

Just another Day

I have wanted to post something for a few days but haven't because I was afraid I would spend the whole post complaining. It's been a rough week. I promised myself I wasn't going to complain, but after today, I think I deserve to "update" you on how life has been going.

7 a.m. - Get both kids up and ready for school (enough said.)
7:45 - Walk out the door to pick up the cousins to take to school
8:00 - drop 3 out of 5 kids off at school
8:20 - drop Mr T off at preschool
8:40 - walk into the doctor's office to find out if Miss A still has an ear infection
9:00 - SHE DOES !!!! It seems that the last antibiotic wasn't enough to kill the infection. I knew this when we got that prescription but who am I to question the doc, right? UGHGHGH!!!
9:15 - drop Miss A off at school and promise to bring her medicine to her at lunch
9:30 - drive back to preschool to help Mr T make a gingerbread house (messsy!!!)
10:30 - drive to the pharmacy to get the prescription. Drive to the grocery store to get yogurt to take with it. Yes, this medicine will give her the "green apple trots" so we are to eat lots of yogurt, and NO juice.
11:15 - drive back to school to give Miss A her medicine. She is at lunch so I just sit with her to give it to her. It tastes so badly that she begins to shake and scream. She turns all red and is bawling and EVERYONE is staring at me. (Kind of like when she took her clothes off in Chick-Fil-A years ago, but that's another story entirely.)
11:30 - drive back to town to meet my dearest friend for a quick lunch--I needed this lunch date by now.
12:30 - head back to preschool to get Mr. T
1:00 - Feed lunch to Mr T while I call every pharmacy and beg for the stuff that makes medicine taste good.
1:30 - head back to the same grocery store where I bought yogurt from this morning because they are going to flavor and color the medicine. (I'll let you know if it works. It better. It cost $3 but I woulda paid more, I promise I woulda.)
2:00 - Lay Mr T down for a nap so I can write this painfully long post. I can't tell you how much money I spent today. I can tell you that I had to fill my car up with gas 3 times to get everywhere (not really, but it felt like it.)

Here's the kicker. I got up early to spend time reading my Bible. And it helped. I haven't been angry or upset about anything that's happened today. I even helped my friend feel a little better. God really does make a difference. Here's a verse I found this morning.

"I Samuel 2:2 There is no one holy like the lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." Samuel's mom sang this as she was giving Samuel to Eli to raise. Certainly I can praise God in what I'm going through if she can praise God while giving away her son.

Hope ya'll's day is better.

No comments: