Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On the Road to Recovery

I wanted so badly to post something last night, but I was just TOO tired. We got up at 4:15 a.m. yesterday so we could be at the doctor's by 6. Mr T's surgery was at 8, and we were back home by 11:30. He DID AWESOME!!!! Before we left the hospital, he had to eat 2 popsicles. I assumed we'd be there ALL day, but he did it with no problem. We got home, and he began asking for breakfast, which of course he can't have. We instead fed him a bottle and a half of gatorade and 8 popsicles. With each passing moment, I was more and more thankful to God for letting him do so well. I was overwhelmed that God would hear my prayer and answer it. Little ole' me and my problems matter to God. Amazing huh? Another answer to prayer, Mr T is taking his medicine with no problem. If you ask him if anything hurts, he'll tell you his hand hurts from the IV. Go figure.

This morning, he is slightly more whiney, but I think that's because his big sister just left for school. He is gonna miss her today. At dinner last night, without Mr T there (he was passed out in our bed,) we all 3 sat and ate quietly. We realized that without Mr T there, we are pretty boring. We began to tell knock knock jokes in his honor. Miss A told one over and over 10 times so we could get the full "Mr T" effect. :)

I am speechless at how good our God is. Speechless. If you want to pray, you can pray now that we can keep Mr T down and still enough for 2 weeks. No running, no jumping for 2 weeks. Yeah, right. He also can't have anything hard or crunchy for 2 weeks. All the rules are going to be a struggle. And they say day 3 and week 2 can be worse than right after the surgery, so we're not out of the woods. But, it can't be too bad. We're on the road to recovery.

No comments: