Friday, June 13, 2008

Why Won't They Trust Me?

I was just thinking about our VBS and feeling kind of sad because we had some kids who have such potential and yet they are just more interested in doing whatever they want. I was thinking and praying about how frustrating it is to try to help someone who doesn't want to be helped. I keep thinking that I do know what is better for them and they should just trust me.

And then God hit me upside the head and said, "Are you listening to yourself? What do you think I've been yelling at you forever?"

There was a particular time in my life where I prayed and prayed for God to do something, something good that I know would have been the right thing. And he said NO! There was no question that he said no and the time passed with him not changing his mind. And I am still a little bitter over the fact that he didn't do what I wanted. I was just telling him this morning that I didn't know why he didn't do what I wanted; I know it was a good thing. Can you imagine me telling him that?

And he just said to me, "I know what's good for you. Trust me. Trust me. Trust me." So here I am, trusting him, finally, over 8 years later and KNOWING and BELIEVING that he does know best.

It feels so good to trust someone who is totally faithful. It also feels good to know that I tried to help some kids and I'll try again and again and I'll pray but the rest is up to God. Thank goodness He can do anything.

No comments: