Monday, August 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

My babies are at school. Mr T starts kindergarten today and Miss A is in 3rd grade now. We managed to get everybody out the door with everyone still smiling. I managed to keep the tears in check until my hubby drove out the driveway. I have never wanted to chase a car down so badly. I kept thinking, "Why do I have to do something I don't want to do? Whose brilliant idea was this anyways?"

Yesterday at church, everything seemed to be about following God even we don't want to do it. We studied Jonah and I kept telling the kids in my class that sometimes we have to do things God wants us to do even if we don't want to. Um, I hear yeah God. I get it. I know that today my kids are where they are supposed to be. God won't give them or me anything to do that he won't give us the strength to do. And he will be with them every step of the way. So, I'll try to chill out and rest in Him.

Last night as I was washing Mr T's hair, he starts to sing "Since Jesus Came Into My Heart." We both were singing it at the top of our lungs. And God whispered to my heart that he hears my tears and my fears, and He is in control and He is going to protect my child. If my kids go through yucky stuff, it's because he is going to teach them something awesome. He will be with them.

So, enough about kids. I HAVE TO FIND A JOB. :) My hubby thinks I'm just gonna lay around and be a bum so I've got to find a job so I can say I worked. I need an excuse to not have the house clean and dinner on the table every night. :)

Oh yeah, thank you God for sweet friends who call to make sure I'm ok. :) I'm off now to begin my list. I've been putting stuff off for weeks so I have a list that should carry me through the week. I'm going to my in-laws house to clean out my hubby's old closet. Fun, huh? I am sure it's full of "World's Best Son" trophies.

No comments: