Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Gift of Today

I thought that today we were going to have stuff to do, but our plans changed and I am now finding myself with nothing to do for a couple of hours. I know I get hours of alone time during the week, but this is time that I had something scheduled and now I don't. I cleaned yesterday; I even conned the kids into helping. I finished my work last night. I got the kids ready for the day early this morning. So, now I actually get to curl up on the sofa with the newspaper or a book and just enjoy a few FREE hours. What a gift. I almost don't know what to do. There really is nothing that I need to be doing. I could pull out the rest of Christmas but I think I'll just go chill out instead.

P.S.-I would have much rather gotten to do what was planned. :) Miss ya sis. We'll make up for it next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry!!!! I wish that things had gone differently! Love you and hope you really did enjoy the quiet afternoon. Would have rather hung out too :-) I love you very much!