Friday, April 24, 2009

Anniversary

My hubby and I celebrated our 12th anniversary a couple of weeks ago. It was actually on Easter this year, which made the day feel even more special. We celebrated by going out to eat ribs earlier in the week because we knew there would be no time on Sunday. The highlight of the dinner happened when my hubby tried to convince our server that I was having a birthday and turning 39. The server looked at me and said, "No way. She might be turning 29, but not 39." Bless his heart.

During the day on Easter, I was thinking about the past 12 years. Twelve years ago, I never could have imagined this life today. I hoped and prayed for kids and a wonderful life but never could have pictured how wonderful my life really is. I also thought about where I would be in 12 more years. I assume Miss A will be in her 3rd year of college, and Mr T will be a senior in high school preparing to head to college. I wonder how my heart will ever take that transition when I still struggle with sending my kids to school each fall. I want so badly to treasure each moment of the next 12 years so that I can look back and have no regrets, wherever we are in 12 years. I just anniversaries that make me slow down and appreciate all I've been given.

No comments: