Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend Update

This past weekend, we all went to Nashville. My hubby ran/walked the marathon and had his best finish time ever. He wasn't even sore after it was over. I am so proud of his accomplishment. Here's the worst part, I didn't get a single picture of my hubby. The marathon people will be sending us some and I'll be sure to purchase those.

My cousin that lives in Nashville had a baby shower that same weekend so we got to see lots of out-of-state cousins. It was fun seeing my kids playing with my cousins' kids. It was a very fun, exciting, jam packed weekend. I only wish that we all lived closer so we could see our kids grow up together.

On the way home, we stopped at Ruby Falls and Rock City, which my parents say I saw when I was little but I don't remember. We managed to get off the beaten path in Rock City and stretch that 45 minute tour into over 2 hours. No idea how we did that. And my clausterphobia kicked in when I had to squeeze through some small spaces, but overall it was very neat. Then we went to Ruby Falls and saw the most amazing waterfall. It's amazing the things God has created. I wonder how many others there are that haven't even been discovered yet. My only regret was that they wouldn't let me stay down there longer and sit to take in the beauty.

When we got home, I felt like we had been gone a week. Normally when I get home, I wish we had gotten to stay longer or that we had come home earlier. But this trip was perfect. I'll try to post pictures later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This trip couldn't have been perfect...I wasn't there :-) Love ya-T3