Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Big Birthday

I only have a moment, but I really want to write this. Today is my little guy's 5th birthday and I never want to forget this moment. I am so thankful that I get to stay home with my kids so I get to share more than enough wonderful moments with them. Even today at lunch as he ate his peanut butter sandwich, I was thinking, "These are the moments I'll remember."

I was remembering the day Mr T was born and thinking about how I had no idea how much joy he was going to bring into our lives. He continually keeps us laughing and on our toes. He has such a sweet, sensitive spirit that makes me right now want to run into his room, wake him up and spend some sweet time lovin' on him. He melts my heart.

I want to remember that he had to wear his overalls to preschool this morning because that's what his dad wears when he works in the shop. Never mind that they are about 2" too short and make him look like he has grown a foot overnight.

I want to remember that he wore his Cars short sleeve t-shirt underneath because Mr T hates long sleeves and jackets. And it's 60 degrees outside, which to Mr T means short sleeves and shorts. (I am the same way about long sleeves and coats, but I refuse to admit it.)

I want to remember that his cupcakes had smiley faces and Tweety birds on them and he chose a Tweety bird.

I want to remember that he hugged and kissed me when I dropped him off at preschool and as I walked away, he stood at the door smiling blowing me kisses.

You are my heart little man. I pray you continue to grow and become more like God and your daddy each day. Be who you are meant to be and don't settle for anything else.

No comments: