Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Glimpse Into My Family

Three quick stories that may give you a better understanding of my life and my family.

Last night, we had a Sunday school get-together and we didn't pick our kids up until 9:00. On the way home, Miss A asked what time it was. She is obsessed with time. She comes by this honestly; her parents are obsessed with not being late. Mention that we're late and she begins to go into a panic attack. (Not really, but it does stress her out when she hears the word late.) My husband and I can't sleep in a room without a clock. Sad, huh? Anyhoo, I answered Miss A that it was almost 9:15. She peaks around my seat and says, "No, it's 9:13. Mommy, don't lie." AAARRRUGHGHGHGH!!! She also hates it when I try to estimate.

Then, she begins to tell a joke. We have all heard this joke numerous times before but it's easier to pretend the joke is new and funny than to say you don't want to hear it.
A: Knock, knock.
Me: Who's there?
A: Little Old Lady Who.
Me: Little Old Lady Who Who?

The punch line is "I didn't know you could yodel." Get it? Say it, and it sounds like you are yodeling. Anyway, before she can say the punchline, Mr T shouts out, "I didn't know you could struggle." We all die laughing so he says, "I mean, I didn't know you could all juggle." More laughter.

A quick update on our continuing saga to get my little boy to wear long sleeves. I force him to wear long sleeves on Sunday. The rest of the week short sleeves with a coat will do but not on Sunday. So, this morning, we get baths, we iron clothes, we get all cleaned up. My hubby puts on my son's long sleeve shirt and I turn around to see the biggest frown on Mr T's face. He sadly declares, "I knew I'd look like this." Where did this obsession with clothes come from? It keeps us all laughing.

No comments: