Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Cabin Fever and It's 65 Degrees Outside

These past 2 weeks have been so tough around here. There have been so many things that have gone wrong and even though they have almost all been resolved, they have left their mark. I feel almost physically bruised from all that has been happening. I know I am emotionally bruised. It's exhausting.

I really just want to stomp my foot and say, "I will have things my way. I will. So deal with it and do it my way." I look around me at my life and I think things like, "How did I get here? How do I stop feeling so stuck? How do I go on? Why not my way? I had no idea life would be so hard."

I recently read this article, and I am trying to take it to heart. It is from my MOPS magazine and it is addressing the issue of Cabin Fever by Caryn Rivaderneira. "Turns out, the cure for cabin fever is contentment - enjoying what we've been given when it's given. That's God's advice, too - learning to be content with whatever my circumstances are because he gives me the strength....I'm keeping my eyes off spring and trusting that the cure for cabin fever is in living and loving the season I'm in." It's time to dig deeper and stop trying to get my way. It's time to kindly speak my opinion and then let it go. I'm not in control..of anything. (Isn't that the scariest thing you've ever heard? It is to me.) So, I better get over it and just fall into my Savior's arm and rest there. Let the rest happen and stay in His arms. Mind you, I still want to be mad and make others pay for not listening, but I'll try to let it go. That's something, right? I better trust God because he's the only who can really do it right. He can and He will.

No comments: