Thursday, January 3, 2008

Howdy Strangers

Well, here I am. We have been so so so busy, especially now that Christmas is over and Mr T is feeling all better. I wake up each morning promising myself that I'll spend all morning just playing with the kids, only to realize at lunchtime that I haven't seen them all morning because they have been upstairs playing by themselves. My hubby finished a cute little attic room for the kids to play in. It's a wonderful room just begging the kids to imagine they are in their own little world. Pictures wouldn't do it justice. I love it; I know they do too.

So, this morning, once again I let the hours get away. Around 10, I called Miss A into my room and we just cuddled and talked about what we wanted to be when we "grew up." It lasted about 5 minutes, but it was the best 5 minutes of my holiday vacation. We then sat around and played games together while Mr T played Legos. I feel like now she can go back to school knowing her mama loves her deeply.

I wish I had something profound to write about this coming year or last year. I haven't had time really to stop and reflect. I am planning to write out 4 things that I want God and I to work on this year in the front of my prayer journal so I can see how we progress. I think I'll start with patience...or maybe time mangement. The others I won't tell you. :)

Anyways, we are great, just running out of time. I could just cry when I think of school starting. Wonder where my daughter gets her dread of school from? :) We'll just get through it together...again. I'm ready for summer.

No comments: