Friday, January 25, 2008

Two Dogs, a Fish, and a ...Lizard?

My son just came into my office and asked if he could have a lizard? Do what? Where did that come from? Ick. I immediately replied that he would have to ask his daddy. That's right, make Daddy look like the bad guy.

So, we call my hubby at work, and my son begins his pitch to get a lizard. My husband asks my son what lizards eat. Mr T replies that they eat grass and lettuce, he thinks. (Sorry kid, that's bunnies and you aren't getting one of those either.) The conversation goes on for awhile then I hear Mr T ask my hubs, "Now Daddy this is serious. Are you allergic to lizards?" (My hubby is allergic to cats so it naturally makes sense that he might be allergic to lizards, right?) My son sounded so serious. I pray this phase disappears before we have to actually consider another pet for ME to take care of.


Last night at the dinner table, we were discussing a possible trip to south Georgia. My hubby has to help a friend install some cabinets in his farm house so we were thinking the rest of the family might tag along. My hubby would love for all of us go hear Jimmy Carter teach Sunday school at a church in Plains, Georgia.

Hubs asks my daughter, "Would you like to go hear Jimmy Carter teach Sunday school?"

My daughter replies, "Isn't he a race care driver?"

That's my girl. If she were older, I'd complain about what she's not learning in school, but I'll just leave that alone. :)

No comments: