Sunday, January 20, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

We have had the best time being "snowed in." Two times in one week is something of a miracle for Georgia. Yesterday, we made a life-size snowman, walked through the woods, went sledding down the neighbor's hill, and made snow-creme. The kids were nearly frozen by the time we got in, mainly because we don't own ANYTHING that's water proof.

My hubby cleaned out my car and found my digital camera so I can't wait to show you pictures of the pitiful birthday cake I've made for my son's birthday. Cake decorating is NOT my thing but for some reason I continue to try. I once made my daughter a Cinderella cake that make the princess look like she had been using way too much fake tanner. This year, it's a dinosaur cake. I made the cake chocolate so it'd look like dirt and frosted it green and stuck dinosaurs on the top. Truly Martha Stewart had better watch out. I am so gifted with cake decorating.

We have friends coming over to play cards this afternoon because we are all a little stir crazy. Another one of the things I am not is a wonderful hostess. We'll see what mistakes I make this time. I'd just really rather go to someone else's house and let them worry about entertaining. How selfish is that?

No comments: