Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 3: California Vacation

Day 3: We headed to Hollywood to spend the day. We got there in time to eat lunch at Pink's, a really neat street diner that serves hot dogs and hamburgers of every kind of variety. The last time I had a hot dog was in 4th grade and I still remember how sick it made me so I chose the chili cheese burger. It was awesome. Everybody who got the hot dogs said they were great too. I'll take their word for it.

We then headed to the street where all the Hollywood stars have their stars on the sidewalk. We went to Grauman's to see where alot of stars have put their foot prints and hand prints into the sidewalk. It was neat to see how our feet matched up.




We headed down Rodeo Drive and then made our way to the beach to watch the people surfing. Once again the weather was beautiful, sunny, breezy, and cool. It was a neat day to see some of the sights that you hear everyone talking about when they visit Hollywood. We didn't go to any studios or anything like that because most required the kids to be at least 12 years old. Oh well. Maybe another time.

When we got back to my parents' we went swimming. There is a heated pool which was great because it was in the 70s and cloudy. The guys swam with the kids while my mom and I worked on dinner. Then they would all go sit in the hot tub to warm up before coming in. The swimming wore my kids out. The kids would eat dinner and then fall into bed. It was great. I never took my camera to the pool so I don't think I have any pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all of the details of the trip...keep um comin :-). Love ya-T3