Monday, June 22, 2009

Pink Toenails

I really do have to go back to Day 1 of our vacation and comment more on our plane ride. We were so blessed to have 6 seats between the four of us. My hubby and Mr T were in one row with an extra seat, and Miss A and I were behind them with an extra seat also. As soon as we took off Mr T moved back to join Miss A so that my hubby could fall asleep. I got to read and the kids watched movies and read. It was perfect, except for the 2 obnoxious girls behind us. The easiest way to describe them might by "potty mouth." I think that about says it all. It makes me angry again just thinking about it. I wanted to turn around and say something to them but I figured that would just make it worse so I just buckled up and refused to listen.

About 30 minutes into the flight, one of the girls behind us decides to put her foot on Mr T's foot rest. Her big mistake was that she had taken off her shoes. So there beside Mr T was this foot with bright pink toenails. My kids just giggled and giggled. Mr T began to pretend that he was tickling them, smiling devilishly the whole time. I tried to be the good mom and said no while inside begging him to disobey. In retrospect, I should have just told him to go ahead and tickle them. That would have gotten their attention.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Just finished reading all about your vacation. It sounds like so much fun - except the car sickness, of course! I can't get over the size of the trees in your photos, let alone what they'd be like in person. Amazing! How close were you to the bear? What a great trip - thanks for sharing it with us!