Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 5: California Vacation

Day 5: We got up and ate a breakfast of fresh fruit and granola bar and then hit the door running. We went to see General Sherman, the biggest tree in the world. We headed out of the national park around lunchtime, planning to eat lunch after we got out of the park. We decided to follow the GPS----BIG MISTAKE!!! We ultimately found ourselves on a 40 mile stretch of curvy road with absolutely nothing to eat. Mr T ended up sick and the rest of us were starving. It was a blessed relief to see a McDonalds once we got back to civilization. I don't care to ever go on that road again. Ever. Have I made that clear?

We got back to my parents around 7; the kids went to bed, my dad was grilling out, and my mom and I ran to the grocery store. We got back and were so exhausted that we decided to put off Disney for a day and spend the next day just touring a national park that was close to my parents. It turned out to be a great choice. We saw one of the neatest thing I've ever seen.


1 comment:

Alik Ibe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.