Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 6: California Vacation

Day 6: We woke up early and headed out to Disneyland. It seems like we had all been waiting for this day to come, and it was finally here. We got parked, got our tickets and walked in just as the gates were opening. Perfect timing.

Once again, the weather was superb. It never got above 80 degrees, the sun was shining and there was a beautiful breeze. I would give anything for a little bit of that breeze now. In the evening, one of the ride operators even had her winter coat on; I suppose they aren't used to cool weather in sunny California.

We rode just about every ride there is to ride and enjoyed it all. We rode the Bobsleds, which was Mr T's favorite roller coaster. It's pretty mild and perfect for all of us. We rode Peter Pan and It's A Small World, which are the 2 rides I remember riding as a small child. We rode the teacups. My hubby rode with the kids. My mom and I rode together because we refused to spin, party poopers I know. We rode the Thunder Mountain Railroad and Mr T's response was, "That was awesome. I don't ever want to do it again." His response to the Splash Mountain was in his most cheerful voice, "That was fun. I didn't like it." We rode Dumbo, which was a ride we missed at Disney World and Mr T has been reminding me of that for the last 2 years. That was a MUST ride for us.

My favorite part was the fireworks at the end of the night. Disney is doing a new show for the summer and Tinkerbell flew through the air. There were fireworks to look like shooting stars and Dumbo flew through the air too. It was so magical.

I'm sure I'll think of more stuff to say about this day but that's most of it.



No comments: